May 2, 2013

Spending Ban | UPDATE!


I haven't updated you all on my spending ban progress in a month! So I thought I'd do a quick little rambling blog post for you guys!

I'm sort of happy to say I hadn't spent much at all before last week! I spent about €2 in Boots as I needed skin care products badly! But I had a voucher so I used that to buy a few things. €2 is fine though, I didn't have to break the bank for that!
Although later on that day there was deals on in Tesco for the Rimmel London Wake Me Up Foundation & Apocalips and I just couldn't resist, but my Dad actually bought them for me! So I didn't have to spend anything hehe. Yep, I am a Daddy's girl!

Now for the bad part! 
My worst spend was last week. I went out with friends and spent a fortune, about €60-70 maybe even more. I was quite annoyed with myself, but I had a great day and night with my old friends! 
We went shopping and I got a few bits. I spent about €25 in Primark, which was good for what I got! I got a playsuit and clutch bag for holidays and some other random bits. For the amount of things I got in there, €25 wasn't too bad at all. I also bought a KFC too and wine for later on, which cost me about €10 and the taxis up and back were €4. I then spent around €15 on a taxi to the club and on drinks. How did I only spend €15? Because it was a student night and the drinks were cheap. But my bus up (to where my friends live) and back was €12. So altogether I spent just under €70. In fairness it's not too bad, but I was doing great until that night out. It was really a bummer, but at the same time I really enjoyed myself so it wasn't so bad.

I can safely say I won't be going on many more nights out or none at all if I have my way! It's not worth it at all. I mean, meeting up with old friends is great, but we could of easily just had a movie night in! Haha. I just find it so hard to say no when people ask me to go out! Especially if I haven't seen them in a good while. 

Anyways, I still have to get a few bits and bobs for this holiday, but I'll be making a wishlist for them later and also a haul. I'll most likely try and fit them both into one post. So keep an eye out for that! I'm really just hoping I can get what I need, because I'm on a really, really tight budget! I think I'll quit waffling to you all, right now! 



Are any of you guys on a spending ban? If so, how are you getting on?

Thanks so much for reading, as always!
Love,

♥ my links ♥


5 comments:

  1. Wow. I wouldn't be able to last on a spending ban. Good luck! x

    Tanya | Cat at Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really hard to do! It's only when you go on one, you realise how addicted you are to shopping! Thank you so much, I'll need it! x

      Delete
  2. I really need to try a spending ban trying to save very hard cause we're heading to Cork at the end of June and want loads of spending money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so hard to do, I swear. I'm an epic failure! Hehe. If you have good will power, you'll do fine!

      Delete
  3. I am on a spending ban too but I still spend.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments, I love reading them all! ♥ If I don't get back to you and you really need a reply, try me on twitter (@leannebroderick) and I'll be sure to respond there!

- Leanne x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...