November 4, 2013

Witch Blemish Stick


I was in Tesco's the other day and as always, took a trip down the beauty isle. I seen the witch blemish stick and thought I should grab it. I had seen a few reviews and who doesn't want a product to control any spots that decide to appear?!

Witch have captured a wild plant growing in America called 'witch hazel'. So the gel-like formula is made from extracts of a natural ingredient, which helps fight off the bacteria and break down the oils that causes you to get spots.

I just want to start off by saying, although I love the colours of the packaging, I hate everything else about it. The design is terrible. It has a screw off top and you push up the gel-like formula. But it slides straight back down just by rubbing it on your face so you have to hold it up whilst using it. I'd prefer if it was a twist up or something similar. I usually use my finger to put the product on actual spots because I just feel like it's unhygienic not to!

Saying that, the product still works and that's the main thing! I've been using it on places I've felt that tingling sensation that I just know a pesky spot is gonna make it's way to my face. It takes the redness away and the spot is almost gone by the next day. I've also found it to be closing my pores! I've blackheads on my nose (I know it's gross, but most of us do!) and I found this to make them a lot less noticeable. I couldn't believe when I looked in the mirror and seen the difference. 

The only real downfall of the product is that it dries your skin out an awful lot. But, that's nothing a good old moisturiser won't fix. I can put up with a bit of dryness if it takes away spots. It will most likely sting if you put it on broken skin and you might get a little tingle when putting it on bigger spots too. It also has a very powerful smell! But it's nothing you won't put up with for the way it helps your skin.

Apparently it runs out quickly too, but I haven't used all mine up yet so I can't comment on that. But it's only around 3 to 4 euro so I can see myself picking this up over and over again. I can definitely say I like this product and would recommend it to my friends and family and of course, all of you! 


Have you tried any witch products before? 
Do you know any other spot killing products?

Love,
 my links 

18 comments:

  1. This seems like an awesome product to have! Thanks for sharing
    http://lovelyinlipstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a handy product to have and it works really well x
    Prettylittlefashionista 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used this waaay back in the day when I was like 14! xx

    Gemma // DuggyDimples

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds ace, for some reason I love it when the product burns - I just think that it means it's burning my spots off haha

    Charlee
    CharmedCharlee 
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, sometimes it works best when it burns, unless you're getting a reaction.. That's not good! xx

      Delete
  5. I've had positive experiences with Witch Hazel in the past, it can be drying though like you said. I prefer to use it as a spot treatment or as a toner to suck up oils before applying makeup :)

    Jordan | Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to love it. It's amazing! Great idea actually. I never tried that before!

      Delete
  6. I've used this one but didn't find it overly drying.. but my face is pretty darn oily! Mine did run out pretty quickly but luckily it's fairly cheap! Glad you liked it - but I totally agree with you on the design flaws haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it drying even on oily areas, but my skin is fairly dehydrated at the moment I think. Yeah I can see it getting smaller in the tube every time I use it! xx

      Delete
  7. I can't use Witch products they make my skin breakout terribly!

    http://www.iwantfashion.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion
    Get the latest on high street trends, collections, EXCLUSIVE discount codes and more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, you must have sensitive skin, do you??

      Delete
  8. I'll definitely put up with dryness if this banishes spots, sounds great!

    www.makeupmonster.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing!!! I've been using it non stop haha!

      Delete
  9. Great post!



    Inspiration is what I get from reading your blog,

    So that deserves a new follower :)



    Love your style and see you as such as good inspiration!!



    Please feel free to check out my blog if you have the time



    Love,



    Janice



    Why so Rainy?!

    Come by at the The Fashion Milkshake

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks interesting :)

    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4602025

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments, I love reading them all! ♥ If I don't get back to you and you really need a reply, try me on twitter (@leannebroderick) and I'll be sure to respond there!

- Leanne x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...